Can you believe it’s already Tuesday? We have had a lot going on as far as house hunting, so this week is off to a busy start for me! Can you believe Memorial Day is coming up this weekend? Memorial Day weekend always meant the first day the pool opened and it always seemed growing up that whether the weather was in our favor or not, we always went up to the pool to see what/who had changed over the winter. Being a swimmer, it also meant that outdoor swim practices were right around the corner and getting in that cold pool after a long day at school was never fun! However, the memories made and the discipline swimming taught was something that I would not change for the world!
Here’s my Two for Tuesday for this week:
Caprese Salad: Caprese salad always reminds me of summer picnics and get-together’s. With bright tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, and fresh basil…what is there not to like about this fun dish? I usually top mine with a fig and balsamic drizzle for some sweetness and occasionally some salt and pepper. I recently found that Costco sells two of the bigger mozzarella logs already sliced for under $8….what a steal! What is a traditional dish that you usually have at your summer get-togethers?
Coachella Shorts: I have always been an avid “pinner” on Pinterest and am always looking for ideas and trends on Instagram for my Etsy shop. Over the past couple of months, I have seen these shorts popping up more and more…they even come in a “Mommy & Me” pattern. I finally found a pattern for them and had some time to whip up a pair for the weekend. The ideas are endless with this pattern because you make them in sizes XS-XXL and you can use any pattern fabric and border you like (this fabric was originally for a maxi dress that I never got around to making!). I very rarely make things for myself and thought this would be a nice little treat! I wore them out on Friday night, granted it was only up to the dog park, but nonetheless, got compliments on them. I haven’t decided if I’m going to put them on my Etsy site yet or not, but thought that I would share them with you to see what you think?
I hope you have a wonderful week! See you back here with more creative ideas next week!
Hello Hello! Can you believe it’s Tuesday?!?! I don’t know about for you, but this week has been flying by so far…I’m not going to complain! I hope yours is moving along just fine.
- Happy Birthday, Emma! The first week following my birthday has been off to a great start, maybe my 30’s aren’t looking so bad! With that said, May and June are busy months for my family with birthdays, anniversaries, etc. Tomorrow is my niece’s one year old birthday! When my sister announced that she was having a baby, I think we were all very surprised! I don’t think she or her husband thought they would get pregnant that fast or knew what it took having a little one, but had no doubt that they would be great parents. My sister was induced a few weeks early due to minor complications and had the baby while I was in Orlando at a conference…I knew she was going to be induced before I left, but my boss at the time talked me into going to the conference anyways, “It would be good for advancement in your career” is what she told me and I regret going to that conference more than anything in the world. Going forward, it will take a lot for a manager to tell me that I can’t have time with my family. However, as soon as I got off the plane, I headed straight to my sister and brother-in law’s house and hugged that baby girl who was only 2 days old! As the months have gone by, I have watched my sister transform into a very loving mother that does anything to put her daughter first. She has learned how to cook and provide healthy meals for her baby (Note: she barely knew how to boil water when the baby was born!…shes going to shoot me for saying that!) When they were visiting us in TX a few months ago, it was amazing to see how much character Emma already has and how much she cracks up my sister…their bond is truly like no other! So, here’s a very happy one year old birthday to Emma and a congratulatory applause for to my sister and her husband for dealing with all the in’s and out’s of having a infant that first year! Y’all have done great…keep up the good work!
- Ranch Chicken: I have been all about crock-pot dinner lately. I can get all of the ingredients together in the morning and start it cooking and then have the rest of the day to do whatever I want and not really worry about it until we’re hungry. I ran across this very easy Weight Watchers recipe this week that we tried…I loved it, hubs didn’t so much (he thought it was too salty….I’ll probably use reduced sodium condensed soup next time). Here’s the recipe, it could not be easier: 1-2 lbs chicken tender or breasts (they can even be frozen), 1 packet Ranch seasoning (I get the bulk version from Costco, so I used 2 tbsp.), 1 can of condensed cream of mushroom soup (the recipe suggested cream of chicken, but it’s what I had on hand), and 1 emptied can of soup filled with milk or water. Put the chicken in the crock-pot, mix the other ingredients well and pour over the chicken, Cook on low 6-8 hours. I shredded mine once it was done cooking and served it over brown rice with veggies. Here’s what it looked like: Yum!
Well, that’s all for now folks! Make sure you stay tuned to my Etsy site this week…some new posts will be up for summer/4th of July outfits and a coupon!
Hope you have a wonderful week!
Hello Hello! I hope you are enjoying your week! I certainly am having a nice start to my week as my birthday was yesterday and had a surprise vacation this past weekend. As I mentioned in my last post, the hubs had a surprise vacation planned for my birthday weekend…the only thing I knew was that we were going to a beach about 3-4 hours away from where we live. It turns out that we went to Port Aransas, “Port A”, a fishing town in Corpus Christi. We had a really nice time and enjoyed checking out a few beaches a long the Gulf over the weekend. It was very nice to take a break from looking at houses and a change of scenery! My hubs did a great job surprising me and had a little surprises along the way….a very nice trip!
Here is a picture of Dewey, my weimaraner, and I at the beach. He was such a trooper and we were finally able to get him to go in the water with us!
Since I spent a good portion of the past week either at the beach or preparing for the beach, I wasn’t that adventurous with my cooking, but I did spend some creative time in my sewing room. I have been very conscious about the amount of girl items made compared to boys and realized that I had been favoring the girls a little more. Boy oh boy, I got into the boy theme though with trucks, planes, and trains. I also snuck in a few cute items for the girls…my niece’s birthday is right around the corner and I needed a few cute things for her! All of the items below will be posted shortly on my Etsy site!
So, that wraps up my Two for Tuesday this week! I hope you have a wonderful rest of the week and look forward to getting back into the swing of things next week! Cheers!
Hello again and happy Tuesday! I hope your week is off to a great start. My week has been going pretty good…my hubs told me this past weekend that we are going on a surprise trip for my birthday this weekend! He didn’t give any cues besides it has to do with the beach…MY FAVORITE! Stay tuned to see where we end up!
Here’s my Two for Tuesday:
- Headbands & a walk: As you know, my husband, dog, and I go on at least a 4 mile walk everyday and as we are trying to learn more about Austin, we go to different parks to learn about different areas around the city. Well, recently I cut about 4 inches off of my hair, make it hard to just throw back into a ponytail and go on with my workout. I recently ran across some headbands in fun summer colors and thought I would monogram them (because everything looks better with a monogram on it!). The picture below is how they turned out, cute and do the job!
- White Chicken Enchiladas: So, being new to Texas, we have found that you can find tacos almost anywhere you go…they have breakfast tacos, snack tacos, tacos for dinner, dessert tacos…you name it, you can probably find it as a tacos of some sort in Austin! Recently hubby and I found a local Mexican restaurant that is BYOB…who doesn’t love that esp. since alcohol is always what drives up the bill?!? But they make really good enchiladas…so, in my recipe experimentation that I’ve been doing, I decided to take on the challenge for mastering white Chicken enchiladas. Here is the recipe I used from Recipe Tin Eats:
WHITE CHICKEN ENCHILADAS
Author: Nagi | RecipeTin Eats
Recipe type: Chicken, Dinner
- 2½ tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1 cup milk
- ½ c light sour cream
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ½ tsp cumin powder
- 2 tbsp finely chopped jalapeños OR canned green chilies (Note 2)
- ½ tsp salt + pepper
- 2½ cups shredded cooked chicken (I cooked chicken breasts and 1/4 cup of water in my crockpot on low for 8 hours)
- 1 cup frozen corn
- ½ cup sliced scallions
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cups grated cheese (Note 1)
- 8 tortillas (flour or corn)
- Melt butter over medium heat in a skillet. Add flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Add milk, whisk until thickened – about 30 seconds to 1 minute. Add sour cream and chicken broth. Whisk and cook for 2 minutes – it should thicken slightly. Stir through cumin, jalapeños, salt and pepper. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F.
- Mix together ¼ cup White Sauce, chicken, corn, scallions, 1 cup of grated cheese, salt and pepper.
- Pop the tortillas in the microwave for 15 seconds to warm through (so they don’t crack when rolled up).
- Divide filling between tortillas, and roll them up like a cigar.
- Smear 2 tbsp of White Sauce in baking dish. Place enchiladas in the dish, seam side down. Pour over remaining White Sauce, scatter with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 25 minutes, until bubbly and golden. Serve hot!
- Optional: Serve Pico de Gallo to top it or serve it on the side. I added avocado to my base Pico de Gallo Recipe.
Yum! Here is a picture of what mine looked like, not beautiful, but very good! So that covers my Tuesday for Tuesday! I hope you have a good week AND Happy Mother’s Day to all of you mom’s out there!